My research background is plant ecophysiological processes (e.g.
photosynthesis and water relations) in response to air pollution
and climate change. The effects were studied from highly controlled
to field conditions. My current research focus:
• Tropospheric ozone uptake and effects in plants grown at
field or controlled conditions.
• UV-radiation effects on plants with respect to directs
plant effects and UV driven greenhouse gas formation on
plant surfaces (CH4 and N2O)
• Monitoring of ultrafine particles from sources and
measuring variations in the urban environment.
• Effects of increased atmospheric CO2 and
temperature on plants and ecosystems.
• Vegetation as a filter for air pollution and as a tool
for controlling the urban environment.